Sunday, November 7, 2010

Mabel White's Hashbrown Cassarole Recipe

I recently posted Turkey Brine Blend, Corn Casserole recipe, and how to make your own Cran Raspberry Jelly...but the most coveted recipe I am posting is the "Hash brown Casserole recipe." It is a year round favorite recipe acceptable at any time of day. You can add to this recipe, such as cooked sausage, bacon and/or ham. The true secret seems to be the cream of chicken soup. I have not tried rice as a substitute for the shredded potatoes but I will very soon. This is also the dish I like to make for busy people. I use a food processor to just shred a bag of potatoes quickly as well as block Colby jack cheese. I tend to use thin skinned potatoes if I do not feel like peeling them - meaning I just leave the nutrients on.

1 Cup of Onions Sautéed
2 Pounds of shredded potatoes (frozen is fine)
2 - 10 ounce cans cream of chicken soup
8 ounces shredded Colby jack cheese

Sdalt & Pepper

Grease an 8" by 12" pan. Mix everything together. Bake 40 minutes at 400 degrees.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the way you write the post and help us with the information. Thank you for sharing this post. Please read my blogs too.
    aviano copper protector review
    creaclip review
    peeps by carbon klean review
    photostick reviews
    tiki tunes review

    ReplyDelete